So Much Sparkle!

Hey hey!!  Happy Monday!
Are you ready for a new challenge at Inky Paws??  This week is all about that sparkle!  The perfect addition to any card!!  And boy do I have a sparkler for you today! :)
I decided to go with a holiday card this week.  It seemed fitting for this challenge :)
To start, I took the Snowflake Stencil and placed it over a piece of cardstock that I had covered in double sided tape.

Now let me take a moment to rave about the Newton's Nook stencils!  I am a rough crafter...if it can't hold up to my abuse, I can't have it in my office...it's just how I work.  But these stencils!  They have passed the test!  I've coated them in versamark, and run them through a scrubber..and now I've fully adhered them to cardstock with scor-tape and this stencil is still perfect!  I wouldn't recommend doing this unless you are ready to put some elbow grease and heat into getting it back off...but it was so worth the work in the end!!

Once the stencil was placed where I wanted it, I coated the whole thing with some clear glitter.  This glitter clung to the open snowflake areas.  I then worked the stencil off with my heat gun to loosen the adhesive a little, and then coated what was left exposed with 2 tones of blue glitter.  This gave me a gorgeous ombre snowfall background that sparkles to boot!!

I decided to turn this into a shaker card, so I laid a piece of acetate over the top and stitched it on, adding my shaker bits when I had just one side left to stitch.  Then sealed it up!

I embossed some tag images from the Joyful Tags set and turned them into ornaments that hung from some pine boughs cut from the Pines and Holly Die Set.

The photos don't do this card justice.  There is so much sparkle and shine!  It's amazing and I absolutely love it!  I hope you will join us for this awesome challenge!  Just remember to use Newton's Nook Products on your card!!

Thanks for visiting! <3

0 Fabulous Comments: