One Layered Magnolia

Hello and Happy Tuesday!!
Time for another challenge at Tuesday Throwdown!  This week we want to see your One Layer cards!  This one can always seem so impossible...but I encourage you to give it a shot!  It doesn't have to be complicated!  Try some masking to get the look of layering with your images, or just keep it simple with one image and some embossing!

Our awesome sponsor this week is Sweet n Sassy Stamps and they've provided some images for my team to create with.
I chose to use the Magnolia Block because it's just so gorgeous!  And I thought it would be a great image to do some soft watercoloring on.

I started by printing this beauty onto some Tim Holtz watercolor paper on the textured side.  I don't normally use the textured side, but since this was a one layer card, I thought that added detail might be nice.

Then pulled out some Daniel Smith watercolor dot sheets to pick out my color.  I purchased these dot sheets so that I had a ton of colors to work with and I could play around to find the colors I really loved and then purchase large tubes of just those instead of wasting a bunch of money on colors I don't want.  Seemed like the smarter choice for my bank account :)

I only used one color for the flower, but added shading in the darker parts of the flower by layering the color several times.  I also added little bits of shimmer to the darkest parts as well just for some extra detail.

The sentiment is stamped in black VersaFine ink and then clear heat embossed.  I also added some clear drops around the card for some extra shine.

I consider this card to be one layer, even though I did mount this panel flush onto a card base.  I think how you achieve your one layer is up to you and your style.  Me, I like to work on a card front and then mount it to the card base, but everything on that front is in one layer.  There's no extra bulk, no added layers, nothing.  Everything is on that card front :)

Be sure to swing by Tuesday Throwdown to see the awesome inspiration from our team!
Thanks so much for visiting! <3

1 comment:

  1. This is so pretty! Love the shading on the flower.

    ReplyDelete