Sunflower Kitty

Happy Friday!
We're starting a new challenge today at Sami Stamps and it's an easy one!  Anything Goes!!  The only requirement is that you use a Sami Stamps image!

We don't have a new release for you this time, so the DT has created some fun fall cards using their favorite fall images from Sami's collection.  I chose to work with Sunflower Kitty.
I started this card by printing off my image with a super faint outline.  I really wanted to do some no-line watercoloring on this adorable little kitty and didn't want a bold black line getting in the way.  Once the image was printed, I used some of my Inktense pencils to do some simple coloring on the image.  It may be simple, but I think it is just so adorable!  I of course had to paint the kitty like my little Cloud...couldn't help myself.

For the background, I wanted to do something fun with a tone on tone design.  So I inked up a piece of cardstock in a dark green color and then added some green ink to some embossing paste so that it was just a little bit lighter than the background color.  Spread that on through a striped stencil and then sprinkled it with some glitter embossing powder.  I set that aside to dry and finished working on my kitty panel.

I trimmed the whole thing on an angle, fussy cutting around the kitty.  Then embossed my sentiment on some vellum and wrapped that around the lower portion of my panel.

After the embossing paste had dried, I hit it with my heat tool to set all the glitter embossing powder.  Added my kitty panel and a few Sparkling Clear Sequins and that was it!

I hope you will join us this month for our Anything Goes challenge at Sami Stamps!

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
    CAS(E) This Sketch #197
    Craft Your Passion #336-Anything Goes
    Fab n Funky #325-Animals
    Simon Says Stamp-Thinking of You
    Word Art Wednesday #254-Anything Goes

Have a great weekend!  Thanks for stopping by! <3

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous coloring and design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable - I love the way you've done the no-line colouring. Thank you for joining us at Fab'n Funky.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so sweet! The image is adorable, and I love the design of your card. Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Passion. We would love to see you again!
    ~ Bonnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet! Great colouring. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge! Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete