Strong is Beautiful

Heelllooooooooooo!!!
It's been a little while!  My absence these last few weeks has been because we took a vacation!  We had a couple of weddings in Michigan to attend, so we made it our full vacation for this year!  We went to the beach, spent lots of time with friends.  We even went the Michigan's Adventure and had a total blast!  I love vacations and doing all the things that we enjoyed as a kid :)

But now we are home and life has to return to normal.  And what better way to come back than with a brand new Sami Stamps release!  This one pairs perfectly with our Getting Stronger release from a couple weeks ago because this times it's all about the ladies!
My card features the Strong image.  I love her!  She's classy and feminine but also isn't afraid to hold her own.  Such a perfect image!

To highlight this beauty, I did some fun watercolor washing for the background, mixing together a pink, purple, and green.  While that was still wet, I splattered some glitter paint around it as well so it has some sparkle.

It's super hard to see, but the white card front has actually been dry embossed.  I created my own custom stencil with my Silhouette by repeating the word "Strong" in an area that would fit my card front, and ran it through my embossing machine to get the design embossed on the paper.  It's a perfect subtle detail for the card.

The image was colored with my pencils.  The layout was inspired by the sketch at Case this Sketch, though it doesn't follow their design exactly.  I liked the idea of having the details through the center of the card with the sentiment across the middle area.

For my sentiment, I knew I wanted it to be on vellum but I didn't have any stamps that said what I wanted them to.  So I printed it off onto some white cardstock, and then traced it onto the vellum!  Super simple and it's exactly what I want!

Everything is finished off with a few Sparkling Clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh!

Stop by Sami Stamps to see this awesome release, and then join in our Anything Goes challenge!!

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
    CAS(E) This Sketch #183

    Incy Wincy Designs-Anything Goes
    Word Art Wednesday #242-Anything Goes

Thanks for visiting! <3

5 comments:

  1. That's such a pretty array of background! I can see why you fell in love with this image! Awesome design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous creation! TFS at WAW - I wish you the best in the draw - blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the bold jewel tones of the background, Emily, and you did a beautiful job coloring your strong woman, too!! Thank you for playing along with CTS this week!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete