Let's Party!!

Hello!!!
I hope you are ready for another fun challenge at Tuesday Throwdown!  This week we want to see your birthday themed cards!!  And we have an awesome sponsor for you - Winnie & Walter!!!  They have provided us with some uber amazing products for this challenge so be sure to stop by the Tuesday Throwdown blog to see lots of inspiration!
For my card, I have used the Scenery: Stripes stamp set and the In A Word: Hello Cutaway die.  I have been dying to get my hands on a stripe stamp set for some time now, but they were always sold out or I opted to go with something else...so when the opportunity came to get this set from Winnie & Walter, I didn't hesitate :)

I figure you can never go wrong with having a good stripe set in your collection.  There are a million things you can use it for!! 

So I used one of the solid stripes in the set to stamp some blue and yellow stripes for my background.  Originally I was just going to do an opening with the word die hung across it...but then decided it would look better as a shaker card!  So I filled it with some fun Pretty Pink Posh sequins that coordinated well with the background.  Then added a solid black frame around the oval and adhered my Hello word across the front.

The final detail I added was a few scattered sequins around the outside and some little black dots.  Honestly, the card could have gone without these...I'm not super fond of them.  But it's too late to remove them now, so oh well :)

Thanks so much for stopping by!! <3

2 comments:

  1. Love love love your shaker card!! Great choice with the stripe stamp set....I can see now that one of those will need to be in my future!! Love how you embellished around the Hello.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! I love the way you did the layout and the sequins are so fun for this shaker card.

    ReplyDelete