Wishing...

Happy Friday!
I'm so glad the week is over!  I just need to make it through today and tomorrow and then I finally get to see Matthew again!  It's been a painfully tough week without him here.  I always tell myself I'm okay and strong enough to be alone...but that's so not true!  I totally depend on him!

But I've been able to keep myself pretty busy!  Actually, so busy that I almost didn't get a card done in time for our new release at Sami Stamps!  Which is a shame because it's all about cats...how could I miss a cat release!  I decided that just wasn't happening and stayed up super late to get a card put together.  Once I thought up the idea, the whole thing came together pretty quick, which is usually the case with Sami Stamps images.  They just radiate inspiration!
Since there's a ton of sweet kitties in here...and my current mood is wishing Matthew were home, I decided to make a card dedicated to him.  To start, I did a fun washy watercolor background, mixing a few blues and a tealish color together.  Then flicking it with some white paint and set it aside to dry. 

The kitties, which is the Sneaky Kitties 2 image (love it!!), was printed on Ranger Watercolor paper.  I used some Inktense pencils and a water brush to get a really quick color down on the kitties.  I always struggle with water brushes.  The water flows too quickly out of them, and since I'm a control freak, it's too hard for me to get the style and details I like with that much water.  But for these soft kitties it was perfect! 

Once the kitties were colored, I trimmed out the middle of the panel to create a frame.  I white heat embossed a couple of sentiments from the Sending Hoping Wishing stamp set from WPlus9.  The Wishing is on vellum, which I then trimmed out and mounted with some foam tape.  The rest is embossed onto some black cardstock and mounted below the vellum. 

I finished the card off with a nice scattering of Sparkling Clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh and that was it!

Be sure to stop by Sami Stamps to see this uber cute release!!!

Thanks for visiting!

0 Fabulous Comments: