Birthday Carnation

Happy Friday!
I wanted to share a quick little card with you today using an image from the most recent Sami Stamps release.  And I also wanted to let you know that I now have an Amazon Handmade shop open!!  I was so thrilled when they accepted my application!  Their platform is a lot different than what I'm used to with Etsy but I'm learning how to maneuver it a little at a time.  Go check it out!

So for today's card, I've used the Ladybug Carnation image.
I had a bit of a down week and really needed to find something to pull my spirits up.  So I printed off this gorgeous image a couple of times and played around with some coloring.  I took a few tips from Marika over at Me and Minime Crafting (you have to check her work out!  Holy smokes...blows me away!) and started coloring with a base layer of marker.  I played around with doing shading on some of the other images, but didn't like it as much as I wanted, so I left it off on this card.  Once I had the solid base layer down, I came in with my Spectrum Noir pencils and added all the detailing.

Coloring carnations can be a pain since they have so many ripples and folds in them...but Sami's image was super easy to put together and imagine where those folds would be.  I'm actually really loving how the flowers all turned out!  I didn't get the other cards completed yet, but I'll share them over on my Instagram page when I do.

To pull the card together, I took a piece of Slate Grey Simon Says cardstock and used a polka dot stencil over top with some white pigment ink.  Then shifted the stencil slightly and traced each dot with a glitter gel pen.  I cut out 3 banners in vellum and embossed my sentiment from the Hero Arts Year Round Sentiments set onto two of them.

I added foam tape to my image and mounted them all together onto my polka dot panel.  Then scattered a few clear droplets from Pretty Pink Posh around the design and it was done!!

Be sure to stop by Sami Stamps and join in our challenge to add pearls or beads!!  Just remember to use a Sami Stamps image!!

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
    CAS(E) This Sketch #167
    Lawnscaping Challenge-Beautiful Florals
    Simon Says Stamp Wednesday-Happy Birthday

Thanks so much for visiting!  Have a fabulous weekend! <3

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Emily, I just love the whole design of this, absolutely stunning! :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is very pretty! Wonderful take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors and use of the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) This Sketch!

    ReplyDelete