Birthday Bunnies

Hello!!
Happy Tuesday!  I hope you've had a fabulous start to your week!

We have a new challenge starting today at Tuesday Throwdown - Create A Scene!  Our fabulous sponsor is Lawn Fawn and they have provided the DT with stamps to use for our projects.
I chose to use Snow Day for my card:
I have been gushing over this set ever since it came out but hadn't ever gotten the chance to purchase it, so I was thrilled when I got to pick it for this challenge!  Those bunnies are just too cute!

I decided to go with a birthday card theme for this challenge.  Even though the bunnies come in a "winter" themed set, they can really be used for anything.  That's what is so awesome with Lawn Fawn stamps...they are always versatile!

I started by getting my scene laid out.  The stitched circle was cut out with my Silhouette, and then I trimmed a few rolling hills for the background to fit into the circle.  The trees are double stamped to get a nice dark green color.  I colored in my bunnies with my ShinHan markers and cut them out.  Then worked on getting the right coloring for the balloons.  It took me a couple of tries to get the rock and roll coloring just right on them, but when I finally got it figured out, I was able to stamp a couple and cut them out.  I outlined all the images with a black marker, including the balloons so that they had some definition to them.

Once everything was cut out and adhered to my circle and scallop frames, I put the card together.  I used a piece of Studio Calico acetate that had a cloud pattern for the background and layered that onto light blue cardstock.  I die cut a thin strip of Lawn Fawn paper with a stitched scallop border and placed that along the edge, along with a super thin strip of black cardstock.  I stamped and trimmed out my sentiments to be banner shapes.  I tried to cut them so they looked like they were flapping in the wind :)

You can never go wrong with birthday's and bunnies :)

I'd like to enter this into the Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes challenge.

Thank you so much for stopping by!  I hope you will join in this fun challenge and be entered to win an awesome prize from Lawn Fawn!! <3

2 comments:

  1. Emily, I like your scene, the way it's matted and raise. It looks like a view of an island through a telescope. Thank you so much for entering our 221st challenge. We are always delighted to see your entries and appreciate your inspirational creativity.
    Blessings,
    Carole Robb Bisson
    Word Art Wednesday
    DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful card! You've used those bunnies I love. LOVE the scene!

    ReplyDelete