Countryside Bouquet

Hello!!
Thanks so much for stopping by today!  My posts have been a little scarce lately.  I've had a great opportunity presented to me and I've been working hard to get that rolling...which has taken a lot of my free time.  So I won't be around much for the next few weeks as that gets set up.  I'm so excited!  I can't wait to share with you what it is!  But not yet :)

So, we start a new challenge today at Tuesday Throwdown...nice and easy for you...Anything Goes!!!  And we have a fabulous sponsor offering an amazing prize - Power Poppy Stamps!!!  I'm so extremely happy we got them on our sponsor list this year!  I've been dying to get the chance to use their images!!!  If you haven't checked out their products yet, you must go now!  Amazing!
I decided to use the Countryside Bouquet image for my card.  What a gorgeous piece of art!  Holy smokes!  I loved watercoloring this with my Inktense pencils!  So much detail and depth...it's just gorgeous!

As you can see, the card is pretty simple.  I wanted that image to be front and center and not have anything really distract from it.  There are little bits of shimmer pen around the petals and I've trimmed the sides down a bit so it's a taller card.  I added the sentiment onto a piece of vellum and white heat embossed it.  Then layered that onto a black piece of cardstock that I had trimmed with a scallop edge.  The whole thing is finished off with a few Pretty Pink Posh Clear Droplets!  Love those things!

I absolutely adore this card!

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
    Case This Sketch #156
   
    Ooh La La #196-In the Country
    Power Poppy-Stretch Yourself
    Word Art Wednesday #218-Anything Goes

Thanks again for visiting!! <3

17 comments:

  1. Oh, how gorgeous! Wonderful take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous bouquet and beautifully coloured. Thank you for sharing it with us at OLL challenges. Wynn DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning creation - I think I need to practice using my inktense pencils!
    Thanks for sharing with us at OLL this time.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Card! Love your water colouring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Emily,

    WOO WOO for your GREAT (super secret) news haha!

    Your card is terrific and your coloring truly shows how much you loved the process. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! So gorgeous with your amazing water coloring! Love these digis for being able to enlarge them like this. What more do you need on a card with such a beautifully colored large image? Thanks so much for sharing in our Stretch Yourself Challenge at Power Poppy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love your watercolour work on this design! It’s beautifully done! Thanks so much for joining us at Power Poppy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow.... amazing colors and detail! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Emily! I am REALLY crushing on your colouring. Love it and that blue background is scrumptious! Great colour choices!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful card! Your coloring is amazing! Congrats on the well deserved win at CTS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well deserved WIN! This is a beautiful colored card!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow ... truly a work of art! Congrats on the win.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an amazing card, love the soft colors you used and the sweet detail of those drops. Your sponging of the background is just lovely, thank you very much for sharing.
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning! Absolutely STUNNING!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I absolutely adore it too! What a stunning card and a super design. Your colouring is exquisite! Love it, Jx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Emily!

    Congrats on your CAS(E) this Sketch #156 win! We would love to have you as a guest designer, if you are interested. I tried to use the link to your e-mail but it didn't open anything. If you are interested, please contact me through the e-mail link on the CAS(E) this Sketch blog. Thanks and congrats again!

    Chrissy
    CAS(E) this Sketch Owner

    ReplyDelete