Thankful for Your Friendship! - Sami Stamps Release!

Happy Friday!
I hope everyone is ready for an awesome weekend!  The sun is shining, it's going to be nice and hot here in Seattle again!  We're going to pick some massive bucket loads of blueberries!  I'm excited!

I'm also excited because today we have another amazing Sami Stamps release for you!  This release is Shell Mermaids, and they are so precious!  You must check them out!
I decided to work with the Shell Mermaid 2 image for my card.
I'll be honest...I struggled coming up with a card idea for this sweet image.  My brain isn't quite back into the creative mode and I kept drawing blanks every time I tried to brainstorm.  I eventually ran out of time and knew I had to get something made.  So I used this fun Hero Arts woodgrain background stamp to try and mimic flowing water.  I misted it a bunch and dropped water all around the image to try and represent bubbles.  It turned out pretty cute, but I think the blues are little too dark...should have gone lighter.

For the image, I colored that in with some watercolor pencils and a shimmer brush.  It was going beautifully till I got to her sweet hair...and I stalled...I wanted there to be curls and swooshy waves in her hair and I just couldn't get it to work out right...guess I'll have to try again sometime.

Since I was drawing blank on a good design, I decided to just keep it simple and did some zig zag stitching around the edge with a simple sentiment and some white glitter enamel dots to finish it all off.

Now be sure to stop by Sami Stamps to see the rest of this release and the DT's jaw dropping creations!  While I struggled, they pulled out all the stops...their work is amazing!  You must see it!

And remember we have an Anything Goes challenge still running, so join in that as well!

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a fabulous weekend! <3

0 Fabulous Comments: