Grateful For You - New Sami Stamps Release!

Hi everyone! Happy Friday!
We have a gorgeous new release for you today at Sami Stamps!  It's all about flowers and kitties!!  I just loved this release and wanted to play with them all!  But I contained myself, and chose to use the Rose Vine image for this weeks card.

This card goes out to all of you that visit here.  Everyone that has left me sweet supporting comments over the last few weeks...and ever!  It's been a rough month but your kind words have helped put a smile on my face and I am forever grateful that you are here with me!
As soon as I saw this Rose Vine image, I knew I had to use it.  So many ideas swirled through my head and it was really hard to settle down onto just one.  I loved the idea of having some sort of hanging rose "curtain" on my card...sort of like a backdrop to a wedding or something.  It took me a little bit to figure out how I wanted to lay it all out on my card though.

I lined up all my images in Word and printed them out.  They vary slightly in size from vine to vine because I didn't want them all to look exactly the same.  Coloring them in was both magical and painful.  The roses are really tiny and I don't have the steadiest of hands, so making sure to stay in the lines was a challenge.  But each time I finished a rose, I just sat there in aw, it was so gorgeous.  And when the whole thing was complete...I let it sit on my desk for a bit so I could just look at it beauty!

After much debate with myself, I finally decided to try and do some sort of lattice work trellis behind the rose vines for them to drape off of.  I took a chevron stencil from Winnie & Walter and placed it in the middle of my card.  One of the chevron patterns was the perfect width that I needed so I taped it down and added Tea Dye and Vintage Photo to get a shaded wood look.  Then flipped the chevron pattern and lined it up again to get the lattice look.  I love how it turned out!  To get some clean edges, I just used a couple post it notes to mask a thin strip on each side for me to ink up.

The image was finally hand cut out with lots of patience and care and mounted onto the card base with some foam tape.  I heat embossed the sentiment from Simon Says Stamps Autumn Blessings stamp set onto some vellum and wrapped that around the whole card, tucking one of the vines behind it.

So so gorgeous!!!  I hope you will stop by Sami Stamps to see the rest of the DT's creations with this super amazing release!!

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
    Addicted to Stamps #136-Anything Goes
    Caseology #138-Blossom
    Fussy and Fancy #135-Girly
    Word Art Wednesday #175-Anything Goes

Thanks for visiting!  <3

11 comments:

  1. The shading on your roses is just stunning! Love the depth of colour variation that you've achieved! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is gorgeous and I love those pretty flowers:) Thank you for joining us at ATSM xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful roses. I can almost smell them. Very creative use of the chevron stamp. Love it. Hang in there, Emily.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I admire your patience for cutting this roses, and what a great idea to flip the chevrons to create a lattice, I will remember that. Thanks for joining us at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I admire your patience for cutting this roses, and what a great idea to flip the chevrons to create a lattice, I will remember that. Thanks for joining us at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I admire your patience for cutting this roses, and what a great idea to flip the chevrons to create a lattice, I will remember that. Thanks for joining us at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is amazing! Love what you did to create the lattice! All that fussy cutting was well worth the effort for this beauty! So happy you could join us at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This is stunning! I love the flowers and your coloring is awesome!! Thanks for playing along with us at Addicted to Stamps and More!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Dana is right! this is absolutely gorgeous Emily!! Love the flowers and your gradient color scheme with the trellis look! :) Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Addicted to Stamps & More! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*-DT member

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is absolutely gorgeous...I love how you put together the image to make them look like that. Great job! I am grateful that you joined us in our Challenge and we have a new one starting today. Please link with us again at Word Art Wednesday. Leaving you an inspirational verse as spoken by Jesus to them that believe from John 14:21 and it says, "Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them." A blessed week to you always.

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this is so pretty! Thanks for sharing at Fussy & Fancy Friday and good luck with the Challenge. Judy DT x

    ReplyDelete