Merry Christmas!!

Happy Tuesday!
I hope everyone has had a lovely week so far! I am frantically scrambling around the apartment trying to get everything finished that I need to before we head out to Michigan for Christmas.  It's crazy!  Always feels like I should have more time...and then it's all gone!

I want to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas!  I will have a few scheduled posts pop up over the next few weeks, so don't forgot to visit!  But do take some time to step away from the computer and enjoy your families during the holidays!! <3

Today we start our final challenge of the year at Tuesday Throwdown!  We will be on a 2 week break after this challenge for Christmas, but we'll be back January 6!
Our challenge this week is Anything Christmas!
We're excited to have our very own CraftyGirl sponsoring this weeks challenge!  Be sure to check out her CraftyGirl Creations shop!

For my card, I have used the lovely Merry Christmas Holly 1 image.  It's been colored in with my markers very simply.  I tried to do a little shading on the letters.  Once the image was colored, I covered everything in a couple layers of clear glitter brush and a generous amount of glossy accents!  Getting the glossy accents on was a lot of work...but I found if I put a big glob through the middle of the letter and then pushed it around with a pin, it worked out pretty well.

Once that was completely dry, I added in some distress ink around the edges for some fun depth.  Because the image was covered with the glossy accents, it resisted all the distress ink, leaving my image still nice and crisp!  I also went over all the swirls with a black Wink of Stella glitter brush for a little more sparkle.

The rest of the card came together really smooth.  I wanted the image to take center stage so I only added a little bit of twine and some scallop edges to pop it up from the green background.

I hope you will join us this week!  Thanks for stopping by! <3

3 comments:

  1. This is so super cute! I hope you will enter it in our current challenge over at Loves Rubberstamps. ... lots of prizes to be won. http://www.lovesrubberstampschallenges.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous creation Emily!! LOVE your design and wanted to pop in to wish you a Merry Christmas!! Enjoy your time with family!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card- the striped Merry is so cool! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete