Just Saying Hello

Hello Hello!  It's been super quiet around here lately...anyone still around? 
While I haven't posted much, I have been super busy!  It's the sort of cycle where I make a bunch of cards, love them all, and then set them aside for other projects...only to forget that I didn't share them with you and they get filed away in my baskets...

I'll try to do better :)  Because, yes I do want to share my makes with you!  I get super excited when they really turn out...so I just need to not set them aside, and pick up my camera right away :)

Matthew and I also celebrated our 11th anniversary this past weekend.  11 years!  Crazy...I still feel like a giddy school girl who's heart flutters when he walks in the door.  To celebrate, we had a small shopping spree this past weekend and he let me buy some super duper awesomely fun stuff!  So I can't wait to share some projects using those goodies with you soon.

But for today, we have a new challenge starting at Tuesday Throwdown!  It's a totally fun sketch, and our sponsor is MyGrafico, who provided some adorable images for us to use.
Now, to be completely honest...this card hasn't grown on me too well.  I loved it when it was first finished..but for some reason my liking of it has shrunk.  Maybe the glittery star stripes are too big?...or too glittery?...I'm not sure what it is.

But I had fun putting it together!  I'm always wishing and looking for ways to use my glitter paper and I thought it would be perfect to pair it up with some of this awesome Lawn Fawn paper.  I didn't really realize it while assembling everything, but the big yellow circle pretty much represents a huge full moon.  Wasn't my original plan, but it works :)

I really love how the owl turned out though.  I wanted him to be really flecked, so I did a lot of short flicks with my markers.  So super cute!  I left all the embellishments off (maybe that's what's missing?...) and just did a simple gold embossed greeting at the bottom.

Anyhow, even if my card isn't all that fabulous, I know the ladies at Tuesday Throwdown have blown this sketch away!  So go check their projects out, and then join in the fun sketch!

Thanks for visiting! <3

2 comments:

  1. This is fabulous! I love your background sky paper and your little owl is so adorable! The glittery bands with the stars is such a great take on the sketch! So bright and cheery! :)

    ReplyDelete