You Melt My Heart - Sami Stamps Release!

Happy Friday!
So excited to be sharing with you the new release at Sami Stamps!!  After the horribly hot week we've had, creating with these super sweet images was perfect since they are based around ice cream!

I chose to use the image Kitty in my Lap.  It just reminded me so much of our kitties, mostly Cloud.  She loves ice cream and will not leave us alone until we share :)  So this card is for her!
I have been really trying to use up some of the scrap papers in my stash.  It seems that pile keeps getting bigger instead of smaller...so I sifted through to try and find some patterns that worked together.

Since we are starting a new challenge as well at Sami Stamps to use polka dots, I grabbed this teal paper first and began the quest of finding something that matched it.  I buy all of my papers as 12x12 individual sheets, so I don't always have great combos...but I try since most of my color palette seems to blend pretty well.  After figuring out some paper combos, I decided to use the sketch from SugarPea Designs for my card.

I colored up my image with my colored pencils and added a bit of glitter pen and glossy accents to the ice cream and hearts.  The chevron heart was stamped onto some coordinating paper and then trimmed out and framed before I added my simple sentiment from Lawn Fawn.  For the twine, I just simply punched a few little holes and tied it up, securing it with a little dot of glossy accents.

Stop by Sami Stamps, check out this super adorable release and the DT projects, and then join in our Polka Dots challenge!!!

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
    Chocolate Coffee Cards #68-Summer Days
    Send A Smile 4 Kids-Animals
    Sugar Sketch #6

Thanks for visiting! <3

3 comments:

  1. Really cute card, adorable image! Thanx so much for playing along eith us at CC&CC. Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely, Emily. :) Very sweet image and some cool DP's.
    Have a nice day...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute Emily, I just love how you used the sketch.

    ReplyDelete