Better Together

Hey Everyone!
Happy Friday!
I wanted to stop in real quick to share a sweet card that I just finished up.  The idea popped into my head late in the day on Wednesday, so I got it started then but wasn't able to really put it all together until today.  But I am really in love with it.
The theme over at Catered Crop right now is BFF and since I was one of their winners last week, I get to join in for the Sunday Quickfire this week.

I only have one BFF in the world and that's Matthew, and I kept him in mind when I made this card (though I did sort of just realize how girly it is for having the focus be on my husband...oops :)  Sorry babe <3 ).

Matthew is my world.  Not sure I can really put it any other way.  He's there to pick me up when I need some help, hold me when I need to be close, and be goofy when nothing else matters.  I've leaned on him so much over the last several years and (somehow and thankfully) he's still standing by me.

My day just seems empty when he's not here with me, but he'll be home soon and that's the time of day I look forward to the most!  That's why I chose this sentiment (from Ginger's House).  It seemed to fit exactly how I was feeling when I was thinking about my best friend.

For the background, I mixed a few colors with some embossing paste and then smeared them over a stencil I cut out from my Silhouette, making sure to blend the colors a little where they overlapped.  There is a little bit of sparkly embossing paste sprinkled on top, just for a touch of shine.

The rest I left very simple.  A couple ribbons layered together into a bow and the sentiment printed onto white cardstock that has been layered onto some vellum.  The background turned out so cool that I really wanted that to be seen.  I colored a few pearls to match the pink in the background and scattered them around the sentiment.

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
    Charisma Cardz #15-Anything Goes
    Penny's Paper Crafty #185-Anything Goes
    Simon Says Stamp-Let's Be Clear
    Totally Gorjuss #243-Bling
    Word Art Wednesday #140-Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by!  <3

8 comments:

  1. I can understand why you like it so much. It has a certain je ne sais quoi about it. Thank you for posting this wonderful work of art at Word Art Wednesday.
    Blessings, Carole Robb Bisson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! Such a lovely design! Love that pretty ribbon!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous, beautiful card. I love the soft vellum touch. Very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a very pretty card!

    Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty and I hope we see you again soon!

    Hugz

    Laurian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for sharing your creation with us at Word Art Wednesday this week. We always appreciate inspiring works of art and we are so glad you shared yours with us. May your week be blessed.
    Diane Noble (DT-WAW)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges and good luck.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely, and a lovely sentiment too.

    Thanks for sharing at Charisma this week.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete