One Layer Cards Class - Day 5/6 Attempts :)

I'm a bit sad that this class is over, but so thankful to have had the opportunity to be a part of it and learn so much from the amazing teachers.  I know that each technique will be well used!

For today's cards, I'm combining two days since the final day was showing us how to use one stamp set in multiple ways, and I made both of these cards from the same set.  Since purchasing the Lawn Fawn stamp sets Starry Backdrops and Hello Sunshine, I haven't been able to stop using them!  Somehow they are just perfect for everything I've been making lately.
My first card features embossing powder, or more specific, layered embossing powder.  I love the final glossy look that layering different types of embossing powder gives to the image, and the confetti makes me smile.

I pretty much cased the card example shared with us by Stephanie Klauk because it was so sweet, and I had similar supplies on hand.  Of course, every card I've made for this class has seemed to have some sort of imperfection to it...and for this one it was the big Happy stamp that decided to tilt down before I was ready to fully stamp it...so the letters have little feet under them.  And this is actually my second version of this card...the first one was ruined when the balloon stamp fell out of my hands and stamped a big purple balloon splotch on the outside border.  Adds character I guess? :)

This is my attempt at the Bokeh effect.  I tried to use multiple colors for the raindrops so that it wasn't all just shades of blue, but some of the colors didn't cover well or stamp nicely in second/third generations.  But I do love the glitter stripes down the middle :)

I'll be back again tomorrow with some other random cards that I've made for this class.  There has been so much information shared with us that it has my mind racing.  But, while everything I've learned has been awesome, there are several techniques that I can't do right now due to lack of materials.  But I've been filling in where I can, so you'll see those tomorrow.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Both cards look fantasic! I enjoyed that class, too, and hated to see it end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. both so gorgeous emily.fabulous cas designs :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete