I'd Pick You Twice!

Happy Monday!
I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend!  We had a great day of shopping on Saturday followed by yet another snowstorm on Sunday!  I think we got around 6 inches...maybe more!  I'm thankful it's warming up though...we are sitting at 30 degrees right now, but I know it's supposed to get much warmer as the week goes on, and hopefully we can get rid of the snow and move on to Spring!!

Since I've had Spring fever for quite awhile now, and I'm longing to see some flowers blooming, I decided to put them on my DT card for Paper Makeup this week.  Our challenge is to use pastel colors, which is perfect for a spring card.
With our shopping adventure this weekend, I picked up some fun goodies to play around with!  I managed to snag a package of pastel colored distress markers at Michaels for about 60% off!  I also picked up a few distress paints as well so I could coordinate the image with the background.

It was so fun dabbing all that paint on to my watercolor paper and then dousing it with water to see the colors shift and move!  Because this was my first time using these distress paints, I had to make a few attempts in order to get a background that I liked.  Once it was dry, I splattered it with some diluted white ink.

The images I used are from the Color it Summer collection, and the If Friends Were Flowers sentiment.  I used the distress markers for the shading around the flowers and on the edge of the frame.  Of course, I need a little more practice with that...but I love how easy it was to get a nice soft background around my images.

I left the card relatively simple to keep the focus on the fun background, only adding a few pearls and a little ribbon and bow.  Oh, and of course, some glitter pen to the flowers :)

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
    Charisma Cardz #7-Clean and Simple
    Creative Fingers #29-Anything Goes
    Sassy Studio #222-Pretty Pastels
    Word Art Wednesday #125-Anything Goes

Stop by Paper Makeup's Digi Makeover challenge to see the rest of our fabulous design teams creations, and then join in the fun!!!

Thanks for stopping by!  <3

8 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous with the delicate pastel spring colouring.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty spring card, love the background paper you have created! Thanks for sharing with us at Charisma Cardz challenge, good luck! Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such soft pretty colors. The flower garden is lovely. Thank you for joining us this week at Word Art Wednesday. Blessings, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card...Love your background paper as it complimented the colors you used for your image. Great job! Thank you for blessing us with your artwork this week at Word Art Wednesday. Would love to see you join us again in our next Challenge. Leaving you with a blessing from God's Word in Joshua 1:9- "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” Hugs always!

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWW So sweet! Love the background! Thank you for joining us at Sassy Studio Designs and the DTBST challenge this week! HUGS

    Kim
    SSD DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty card.

    Thanks for sharing at Charisma this week.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your background is Wonderful! Totally love your creation. Thanks for joining in the fun at SSD DTBST Pastel Challenge. Good Luck!

    DebbieM - SSD DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. so beautiful Emily.gorgeous pretty colours and flowers ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete