For A Cause

Yay!  It's release day at Sami Stamps AND Friday!!  Double awesome!!
Sorry it's been quiet around here lately...been a bit of a busy week and not much crafting has happened...but I hope to change that today :)

So we have a new release today that is also accompanied by the start of a new challenge over at Sami Stamps!  As always, Sami has created some incredible images that I know you will just love!

There are two themes for this release:  Fall Acorns (come back next Friday to see my card for this set) and For a Cause.
Following the theme of the new challenge, I've kept my card Clean and Simple.  Sort of.  I decided I wanted to try making my own background with this card.  So I clear embossed some flowers and hearts onto white card stock and then took some pink, purple, and blue ink pads and used a cotton ball to apply the ink to the paper.  Now, my ink pads are pretty crappy...and the cotton balls I used were worse...so the ink didn't spread as nicely as I wanted it to.  But in the end I think it looks ok.  The little splotchy parts seem to work even if they weren't intended.

I used my ShinHan markers on the image.  I've been slowly adding to my collection, but I've been too scared to give them a try since I haven't practiced using markers very much.  But I think the image turned out super cute!  I just love that sweet butterfly!

I added some Flamingo liquid pearls around the background and a few places on the ribbon.  And that was it!  Pretty clean and simple :)

Be sure to stop by and join in our Clean and Simple challenge!  And definitely check out the rest of the DT's creations for this release, they are amazing!!

Thanks for stopping by!! <3

0 Fabulous Comments: