Little Love Bugs

I've been enjoying my craft room this week.  With the cooler weather, the cats aren't exploding hair quite as much, which means I can procrastinate on my cleaning duties a little bit longer and play more with my stuff!!

I received a couple of super cute images from Sami at Sami Stamps (go check her shop out!!  So many adorable images :) )  Decided to put them to use this week as I just love them!
This card idea came together almost immediately when I saw the sketch at Some Odd Girl.  With the height of this little critter, I felt the layout worked perfect!  I paired up some scrap papers that looked good together and used my Silhouette to cut out the circle frame.

Watched a few tutorials on how to properly color a heart (cuz my first attempt was horrible), and colored everything up with my pencils!  Of course, I had to add some glitter with my Wink of Stella pen...I'm sad it's almost empty!

The sentiment is also from Sami Stamps and worked so perfect with this LoveBug1!  A few liquid pearls and some red gems and it was all done!

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
    Crafty Cardmakers #100-Winged Things
    Send a Smile 4 Kids-Anything Goes
    Simon Says-Anything Goes
    Totally Gorjuss #202-Dotty
    Word Art Wednesday #99-Anything Goes

This next card didn't quite work out how I wanted...the papers looked great together when I was picking them out, and then once the whole thing was put together...not so much...
But I still like it :)  The image is LoveBug2, colored in with my pencils (and of course some glitter pen).  I used a spellbinders die for the frame, and cut out the heart banner from a Silhouette cut file.

The sentiment banner is from a stamp set that I won from Damask Love.  It worked perfectly layered on top of the hearts!

Once again, a few liquid pearls in the corner and it was done!  I love my liquid pearls. They are so much easier than normal pearls, and I can make them any size I want!  They usually end up on every card because the bottle is sitting right in front of me on my desk and (like my glitter pen) I just naturally reach for it :)

Anyhow!  I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
    Color Me Creative #77-Anything Goes
    Designed to Color #20-Anything Goes
    Sketch Saturday #277
    That Craft Place-Things with Wings

Thanks for stopping by!! <3

3 comments:

  1. Adorable art, Emily. Your cards are wonderful, and I'm SO blessed to have you share with us.
    God bless you!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are so cute Emily! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sketch Saturday! ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. The love bug seems to be smouldering. Greta cards.
    Thank you for posting with us. It is wonderful seeing your projects.
    Blessings,
    Carole Robb Bisson
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete