One Card--Two Ways

Good day my crafty friends!
I hope all is well in your part of the world.  We are on day 2 of a gusty snow storm. 

I'm sharing with you today an Easter card.  I decided to try 2 different layouts for this card...mostly because I love the image and wanted to make multiple cards with it :)
Aren't they darling!?  This sweetie is Murray from Saturated Canary.  I bought her probably last Easter and never colored her up!  So I broke out my pencils and got to work. 

The first card I made followed the sketch for challenge #195 at There She Goes this week.  I've found that my paper collection is starting to lack in the pastel eastery colored papers, but I found this multi-colored purple one and figured it would work well enough.  And I paired it with a soft green pattern.
I used my Cameo to cut out a doily and then trimmed off a small part of the bottom so it was flush with the edge of the card.  The butterflies are from a MS border punch I got for Christmas.  I just trimmed around the ones I wanted and stuck them onto my card.  There are small liquid pearl dots down the centers and 2 of them are covered with blue stickles.  The last touch was to add little pearl trails for 2 of the butterflies.

This next card turned out better in my opinion.  I love them both, but I think the layout worked a little better on this card.
For this card, I followed the sketch #22 at Graphicat Sketches.  And found an Easter ribbon that I purchased...yup!  Last year!  Maybe these were like after Easter clearance items or something...not sure why I would buy something and then not use it at all...

I didn't add any stickles to the butterflies this time, but I did add a small pearl trail and pearls to all the corners.

As I said, I love both of the cards and think they both turned out fabulous.  What do you think?  Do you like one of them better than the other...and why?

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. I love your coloring. Just adorable.
    Yvette

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are a couple of darling Easter cards! Beautiful coloring and love the soft pastels! Thanks for joining us at Graphicat Sketches!
    {hugs}
    Regan

    ReplyDelete