Happy Hour

Happy Valentine's Day!!!
I love each and every one of you for stopping by and enjoying my blog :)  Having you here means so darn much to me!  I love reading your comments and feeling your love through them!  Thank you so much for continuing to stop by my small piece of the blog world :)

I wanted to stop in real quick today and share a card I finished up yesterday.
This hottie is Martini Pin-Up (2) from Sassy Studio.  I LOVE this image!  It's sassy and fun, and while a little challenging, awesome to color!  The glass gave me a little trouble...what color is clear glass?? :)

Of course after showing it to the hubby, he came up with all kinds of ideas for Bond cards with this image....and I loved them, like always :)  So maybe one of those will show up here in a little bit.

I colored her all in with my colored pencils and then fretted about the glass.  I ended up adding just a little bit of blue to the sides/swirls and then covered the whole thing with glossy accents.  There is a small line of stickles at the top of the glass for some sparkle.

I really wanted her dress to be all sparkly and sequined looking, but I didn't want to use stickles.  So I ended up spraying her dress with some shimmer mists.  I was able to isolate the dress by cutting it out from a previous print off I did that I totally messed up on :)  Once I got done spraying her dress, a little had sprayed onto the background, which made it look super cool, so I covered my image again and sprayed the whole card!  :)
You can see the shimmer of her dress and the sparkle on the outside of the card in this pic.  I love how it looks!

I really love this paper combination.  The green paper has been in my stash for awhile and it's been a hard one to coordinate with.  So when the damask paper came out of my pile, I knew it would be a good match :)

This card was directly made to be entered into the guest design team call at Sassy Studio.  
I'd also like to enter it into the following challenges:

Thanks for stopping by and have a fabulous Valentine's Day!! <3

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely Gorgeous!! Congratulations on being our Saturday Spotlight at Sassy Studio Designs today!!

    {hugs}
    Jacki - SSD DT

    ReplyDelete