You are Special

Happy Wednesday!!
Wet and rainy here today...I miss the snow.  The bitter cold was too much for me, but it can keep snowing for sure!

I'm stopping in real quick today to share a card that I made this week that I absolutely love!  I've been working on a lot of animal cards to send to a friend, and even though I don't have a lot of animal images, the ones I do have I love and this image plays right into that :)
See!!?? Isn't this card so adorable?  And that image is just as sweet!  You know I love my kitties, and it seems that finding kitty images is hard (everyone draws dogs...).  So when I found this one at Alicia's Little Shop it didn't take me long to purchase it!
I followed the sketch at the Deconstructed Sketch this week.  It was a unique layout and gave me a bit of a challenge to work towards.  Of course, my goal lately has been to use up some of those darned scraps that keep piling up, so I dug through everything to find papers that worked together but weren't too bold.  I think the blue spots with the purple tie dye look fabulous together :)

Part of Alicia's challenge is to use your favorite crafting item.  I would have to say that my favorite crafty item is glitter!  Can't live without the stuff.  It seriously goes on almost every card I make :)  I have a hard time not putting it on the more manly cards...they just seem empty without it!

Also, my scallop scissors.  I've had them forever, and I forgot about them for quite awhile until my computer became inaccessible and I had to start hand cutting everything.  They came in so handy then, and I haven't stop using them since :)

Oh!  and Glossy Accents!  That stuff is amazing!  I love covering things with it to give them a shine!  I covered the hearts with my glossy accents and then sprinkled them with glitter!  The perfect combination :)
The stamp is from Stampin Up.  I bought a set of them at a yard sale last year and have hardly used any of them.  I thought this one fit well with the image.

I hope your week is going well!  Thanks for stopping by my little blog for a visit :)

I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:
    Alicia's Challenge #2-Use Your Favorite Crafty Item
    Deconstructed Sketch #86

1 comment:

  1. This is a super cute card! I also love your use of Glossy with Glitter -might have to CASE that. :) Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete