Walkin in a Winter Wonderland

Happy Monday!!
How was your weekend?  Pretty calm here for us.  Warm...rainy...not very wintery at all.  We still have snow but it isn't very pretty anymore...hopefully more will come this week :)

We start a new challenge today at Digi Makeover and it's Winter Wonderland!!  With it being so warm, it was kind of hard to find the spirit to make a snow card...but my hubby was quite helpful in that area today.  He was full of suggestions and inspiration :)  Love that man <3
For my card I used the cute image Cosette from Paper Makeup.  My imagination roamed once I saw her.  I imagine she's holding a steaming cup of hot chocolate, which helps to warm her hands, and is enjoying a gorgeous walk through the new freshly fallen snow drifts in her backyard.  Reminds me of when I was younger and would try to write out messages in the snow for my mom to read from the kitchen window :)

I colored her in with my colored pencils and added stickles to her wings.
The edges are inked with some Copic markers and then distressed with my scissors.  I tore the edges of the snowflake paper behind the image to give a little different texture to the card.

The layered "drifts" of snow are edged with stickles.  For Christmas I got a variety pack of Pearl Ex so I have been playing around with making shimmer mists.  I used one of them to spray the background paper and the snow drifts so that they shimmered.  It's really hard to see in the pictures but looks fabulous in person :)
Thank you so much for checking out my card!  Be sure to visit the rest of the Makeup Artists as they have made some gorgeous creations this week!

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenge:
    Deconstructed Sketch #84

3 comments:

  1. Adorable, glad you like the Pearl Ex.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fun! I really like that sentiment stamp you used! Thanks for joining us at the Deconstructed Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, so sweet... I really like your coloring :)

    ReplyDelete