Happy Get-Well Note

Happy Monday!
Man is it cold here today!  Woke up to -25C temps!  I'm not sure I've ever experienced weather this cold!  Just wish it had snow attached to it :)

We're starting a new challenge this week at Digi Makeover, and it's a good one to enjoy at this moment!  It's Warm Thoughts!  I struggled a little with this one...I guess I wasn't entirely sure on what I was supposed to make...I kept thinking of warm beaches in the sun...lol :)
But as I was scanning through our Paper Makeup images, I came across this sentiment that really stuck out to me.  So I used that on my card this week.
The sentiment is Happy Get Well Note from Paper Makeup.  The part that stood out to me to help confirm it would be good for this challenge is the last line: "You're thought of in a warm and special way!"  Perfect!  Warm thoughts!  lol :)

I've been trying and trying (and trying) to use up some of my scraps.  I have piles of them and they really need to go away.  I'm running out of ways to store them all.  So I grabbed some of those that matched up pretty well and went to work.  Sticking with my goal of making uniquer cards this year, I made a twisted easel card.  It turned out so fabulous!  I'm super happy with it!

The bottom border is punched out with my MS Doily Lace Edge punch.  I wrapped some purple twine around that panel and then made up a button for some added embellishment.  The frame that the sentiment is cut out of is actually the Paper Makeup Framed set.  I cropped it down to just one frame and then made it into a cut file with my Silhouette!  I love how elegant it looks on this card!

I hope you will join us this week for our fun Warm Thoughts challenge!  Be sure to swing by the rest of the Makeup Artists to see what warm things they have made :)
Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Emily your card looks gorgeous.
    A beautiful shape. Very nice made​​.
    Greetings,
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wondeful card! I love the papers you used and the layout...
    Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Emily! The papers go together really well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emily, Your twisted easel card is awesome. Love the papers and your beautiful design. It is so clever to use a twine as an easel stopper. Love this idea. So simple and pretty. Why I haven't thought of it :)
    Hugs
    Eret

    ReplyDelete