Christmas Nutcracker


Happy Wednesday!!
I hope your week has been suburb so far!  Mine has been a bit slow, but hopefully will pick up soon as I get to start moving my stuff back into my craft room!  Whoop whoop!  The landlord came by last night and patched the wall all up where we had the leak/mold problem so everything is fixed!  I so cannot wait to get settled back in...while using the kitchen table has been nice for the time being, it is not easy to organize and leaves me feeling flustered a lot.  So yeah, I'm ready for my regular space again :)

But today I upped the creative mojo in an attempt to get some Christmas cards made.  I seem to be way behind on that holiday this year, so I really need to catch up!
I think this card turned out exactly as I wanted it to.  I love the gold/brown with the dark green color combination.  And the little bit of sparkle on the background paper is just so gorgeous!  I followed the sketch at The Sweet Stop challenge, but tweaked it a little.  I tilted the back panel behind the image, and instead of having text on the front, I cut out and assembled a poinsettia (which turned out so incredibly gorgeous!!).

The poinsettia is actually printed and hand cut (since I can't use my cricut right now).  Once it was all cut out, I used 2 different Copic sketch markers-R85 and RV91 to add in the veining on the petals. (look at me getting all fancy with my copics :)  I have to play with the few that I have!)  The colors didn't blend as well as I expected them too, but I think it still turned out beautifully!
The cute little image  is Christmas Nutcracker from Saturated Canary.  I just love these images and love using them on my cards!  I colored her in with my colored pencils and cut her out with a spellbinders oval.  Then used my scallop scissors around the edge.
The last element I added was the tree die cut tucked behind my image!  This is the Snowflake Tree die from Memory Box!  I absolutely love this die cut!  It cuts so clean and is a perfect embellishment :)

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
    2 Sisters #113-Anything Goes
    ABC Christmas-U for Up to You
    A Gem of a Challenge #57-Flowers
    Color Me Creative-A Touch of Red
    The Crazy Challenge #130-Handmade Flowers
    Ladybug Crafts-Flowers and Embossing
    Stampin Sisters in Christ #161-Include a Tree
    The Sweet Stop #180-Sketch
    Tammy's Scrapin Corner #32-Anything Goes
    Totally Stampalicious-Christmas

Thanks for stopping by today!  And be sure to check back later this week/weekend as I will be having my first giveaway!!  It's for Christmas/celebration of my 1 year anniversary both as a blogger and an Etsy shop owner!!  Can't wait!!



14 comments:

  1. Such a sweet and beautiful image you have used... fab colouring. Lovely card.
    Thank you for joining our challenge at ABC Christmas this time,
    greetings Dorte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, This is a fantastic Creation.
    Thank you so much for sharing this with us. Please come back next week.
    Hugs
    Tammy Ortiz
    Founder of
    Tammy Scrapin Corner

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous card Emily. Love the sweet image and the coloring. The layered poinsettia is so pretty! Also like the tree. Thank you for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card. So great. I like the colors you have chose and that image is absolutely gorgeous. Also love the CAS style design like Clear Cards. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so incredibly adorable, Emily! Love the colors and the darling Saturated Canary image! Your poinsettia is gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sweet Stop this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute!! Love that tree die!Your colors are fantastic! Thanks for playing along with us at Tammy's Scrapin Corner! Good luck! I hope we see you again next week!!!

    - Susan, DT @ Tammy's Scrapin Corner

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable little Saturated Canary image. Colored so cute!

    Thank you for joining us at CMC! Hope to see you back soon.

    Jenn
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful card and colouring thank you for joining us at cmc this week

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Christmas card!!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Tammy's Scrapin Corner. DT Member Shannon83k

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow this is one stunning Christmas card!!!! Love all about it!!!!

    Don’t forget to had GDT after your name if you want to be a Guest designer in an upcoming challenge! Thanks for joining us as Tammy's Scrapin Corner this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  11. such a pretty card - that poinsettia is fabulous
    Thanks for joining us at LCI this week
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your card - that image is darling and the poinsettia is divine. Your tree is wonderful - perfect for the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge! Thank you for your support! {{{hugs}}}
    Linda SSIC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your sweet girlie image.
    Annette - Netty's Cards
    Proud to design for ABC Christmas Challenge.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was just on your pinterest page. I'm in love with your art work. It is awesome!

    ReplyDelete