Pumpkin Patch

Happy Sunday!
I hope you have had a fabulous weekend!  I've stayed busy but also found time to relax :)  I got to snuggle in bed for awhile this morning with my hubby and our kitties!  So cozy! :)

I've been working on this card for a few days now...mostly because I kept getting distracted doing other things around the house, or for my Etsy shop...but I finally finished it and it is so fabulous!
I used the sketch at Tuesday Morning Sketches...I was a little skeptical about it at first...wasn't sure if I could pull it off.  But the more I looked at the DT's inspiration, the more I mulled it over and sketched it out, things finally started the form in my mind.
I wanted to stick to the fall/Halloween type of card style, but lighten it up and not have it be so creepy and dark.  I found a few patterned papers in my stash/scraps that matched what I wanted to do, and set to work.
The frame behind the image is cut from the cricut Lacy Labels cartridge.  I embossed the solid blue frame with the Swiss Dots folder and then embossed the patterned paper with the D'vine Swirls folder.  It adds great dimension and character behind the image.

Of course, Miss Cinders is from none other than Saturated Canary!  I remember as a child always watching the Disney movies...mostly Beauty and the Beast, but Cinderella was always in the mix and I LOVE Krista's interpretation of her :)
I kept the coloring on her simple with teal streaked through her dress and blondish colored hair.  I added some of my new Star Dust Stickles to her shoes, dress hem, sash, and hair bow.
The flowers are files cut with my cricut, inked around the edges, and layered together with a pearl in the center.  I matched the orange on the smaller flowers to the orange used in the circle die cut above the image to pull that color throughout the card.
Then I just added the ribbon and bow, printed off the sentiment and scallop cut around the edge!
So cute!  I just love it!

This card is entered in the following challenges:
    Tuesday Morning Sketches #159
    The Pretty Little Ribbon #13-Add Some Bling and Sparkle
    V's Sweet Ideas #2-Use a Digi
    Critter Sketch #128-Use a Digi
    Love to Create #28-Sparkle
    Tammy's Scrapin Corner #23-Add Some Flowers
    Whimsy Stamps #50-Lots of Layers
    Chocolate, Coffee & Cards #19-Emboss It

Thanks for stopping by!

13 comments:

  1. Love your card. Very pretty. Thanks so much for sharing with us this week at Tammy's Scrapin Corner. joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! I love the image, she is so cute! You did very well with the sketch, you did pull it off nicely and I'm so happy to hear that the best team ever helped encourage you. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So drooling over this card! it's goregous! So very glad that you joined us this time at Tuesday Morning Sketches...make sure you stop back on Tuesday for our new challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beauty! I haven't seen that image before--I may have to jump over to Saturated Canary and get it. It's adorable. I love the soft coloring and all your flowers are fab. So glad you joined us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is too cute! I love Saturated canary stamps! Thanks for joining us at V's Sweet Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a Stunning Card! I'm in love with this image & all your details on this card! Thank you so much for playing with us this week at Love to Create Challenge! Come back and play again soon!

    Many Blessings,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  7. ACK! Total cuteness! And a definite fall feel - I love your lighter take on the season. What an image, and your colouring is really striking! Thanks so much for persevering with the sketch - you rocked it! - and thanks for playing with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. owww this is awesome, so gorgeous !! Thanks for joining us at Critter Sketch. HUgs, Marion

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful fall card. Love the gorgeous flowers. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty card Emily!! I love the flowers with the pretty image :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful card!! Those flowers look divine and the coloring is fabulous!! Thanks for playing along with us at V's Sweet Challenge! (:

    ReplyDelete
  12. A gorgeous card!

    Thanks for joining the Pretty Little Ribbon Shop challenge.

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is beautiful and I just love Cinderella! Perfect colors for her! Thanks so much for joining us at V's Sweet Ideas!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete