So Beautiful!

Happy Wednesday everyone!
Busy week here.  We are getting ready for a short weekend trip to Michigan so crafting has been minimal for me, but since Mother's Day is coming up soon, I figured I could make my needed cards and bring them along.  And since these cards don't need to be mailed, there is no holding back on dimension and details!

Oh boy!  I keep looking at this card wondering if I really made it!  I just can't get over how beautiful it turned out!  Everything meshes so well together, there are so many details...it's all just so perfect!
Ok...I'll show you :)
What a stunner!!!  Like I said...can't believe I made this!
I've longed to do large dimensional flowers on my cards but because they don't mail very well...I've  avoided them for the most part.  But these flowers were so fun to put together!  I used my cricut to cut them all out from the Mother's Day Bouquet cartridge.  I inked up all the edges with purple, used an embossing tool to round up the edges and then staggered all the layers.  The centers are all spiral roses.  I had different plans for those, but when I tested what they would look like in the center of the large flowers...done deal :)

I made a bunch of my own quilled up white roses to use as fillers in the arrangements.  Used some punches for the foliage behind everything.  The center is cut out of the card with my circle cutter.  I cut a frame from the Lacy Labels cartridge to decorate the opening so it wasn't so boring.
I cut out 2 large butterflies from the butterfly font, added glitter to the wings and purple pearls to the centers.  Then cut out a bunch of little butterflies to scatter around the card, adding small purple paint dots to their centers as well.
The finishing touches I added to wrap up this card were glitter to all the flowers so they sparkled.  Just wouldn't be complete without glitter :)  I added a white flourish and then added white paint dot spirals in the corners for added detail.
The Mother's Day sentiment is a digital stamp I forgot I had in my stash, and the swirlyness of it seemed perfect for this card!
This card is entered in the following challenges:
    Sunday Sketch and Stamp #104-Donna's Sketch
    Dream Valley #31-For a Special Lady
    Catered Crop-B is for Bodacious (all my butterflies!)
    Cardz TV #107-There's no Other, Like my Mother
    Crafting for all Seasons #26-Handmade Flowers
    Aud Sentiments-Anything Goes
    My Craft Spot #54-Mother's Day
    Kaboodle Doodles #117-Add Some Dimension

Thank you for stopping by!!!

15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Thanks for playing with us at Cardz Tv!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! The flowers are amazing!!! Such beautiful details and colors! Thanks for playing along with us at CCC! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Card! So Pretty! Love the Purple. Just became a follower of yours. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card. Love the flowers and colors.

    Anne :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning, all those different purples and the style is great, thanks for joining CCC!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, I love the flowers :)
    Thanks for playing along with Sunday Sketch & Stamp x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great take on the sketch, love your colour choices. Good luck, thanks for playing along at Sunday sketch & stamp.
    Happy crafting
    Carole xXx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super card, thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments and CFAS this time. Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card! Love the flowers and the butterflies!
    Thanks so much for playing along at My Craft Spot this week!
    Candy
    http://candyscraftcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! I love all the pretty details.



    I’m stopping by from the Catered Crop.

    ~Cheryl~

    **I am having a couple of give-aways on my blog. Feel free to stop by if you are interested.**

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a stunning creation!
    Such an ornate wee card and gorjuss flower detail!
    Thanks for joining in the fun at Dream Valley Challenges this time
    Hugs Melly xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. sTUNNINGLY GORGEOUS...♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely beautiful! I love the flowers!! Thanks for joining the fun at My Craft Spot!

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  14. Emily what a stunning Mothers Day card I love the aperture its a great idea.
    Fabulous work on those beautiful flowers well done .
    have fun in Michigan Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete